This is a surprisingly light loaf which really does taste of beer. It makes for a very decent banana sandwich 😉 Let me know if you give it a try!
- 200ml dark vegan beer (I used Sainsbury’s Taste the Difference London Porter – the one with a picture of a raven on the bottle 🙂 )
- 100ml water (I guess you could go for 300ml of beer, if you wanted it to taste really strong!)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 100g buckwheat flour
- 100g strong white flour
- 275g strong wholewheat flour
- 2 tablespoons seeds of your choice (I used an omega 3 mix that I brought)
- 2 tablespoons date syrup/other sugar of your choice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried yeast.
Put the beer, water, olive oil and salt into the bottom of the bread pan. Add the flours and seeds in a layer over the top of the liquid ingredients, and do not mix. Make a little dip in the flour and pour in the date syrup and yeast. Then simply set your breadmaker to whatever settings are closest to a 700g wholewheat loaf and enjoy your bread!